Methanol, DME & GTL from NG
Methanol, DME & GTL from Natural Gas- DME, Methanol, and GTL plant design for large & small-scale application both on and off-shore. Designs are able to handle a wide variety of natural gas compositions.
Topside Engineering for Off-Shore & FPSO
Innovative process design challenging FPSO applications including production of fuels & chemicals from off-shore gas fields.
Heavy Oil Upgrading
Extensive experience of key process technologies in heavy oil upgrading process development, including feasibility studies, technology selection, process development, and engineerings.
Safe & Cost-Effective Offshore Piping Design
Short-term operation planning in the form of operational safety studies, such as predicting the behaviour of topside processes under a variety of scenarios.
Economic & Technology Feasibility Studies
Independent evaluations of economic, market, and technical feasibility, as well as expert advice on reducing scale-up risk and project implementation plans.
Fuel & Combustion
Superior engine performance is a key competitive opportunity in the automotive industry. RES provides key technologies and expertise to develop engines that are more fuel efficient and produce lower emissions.
Available Engine Simulators:
- Diesel Engine
- Gasoline Engine
- HCCI Engine
- PAI Engine
Available Combustion Mechanisms:
- Diesel Combustion Mechanism*
- Biodiesel Combustion Mechanism*
- Gasoline Combustion Mechanism*
- Biogasoline Combustion Mechanism*
- Soot Mechanism
- NOx Mechanism
*These are real fuel mechanisms represented by a mixture of 3 to 9 representative pure components and validated against RES’ in-house data as well as data from literature.
Catalyst & Emission Device
Advanced catalyst technology is essential for automotive manufacturer due to the high cost of catalytic metals and increasingly stringent emission standards. RES provides key technologies and expertise to help develop and optimize catalysts and aftertreatment devices for superior performance with lower cost.
Technology in Catalyst Optimization:
- Catalyst performance-cost operating map to find optimum catalyst metal composition
- Catalytic reaction mechanism database covering all major metals and supports including Pt, Rh, Pd, Ceria and Zeolite
- Sensitivity analysis to determine the key reactions and their parameters
- Reaction path analysis to identify key pathways such as NOx reduction, NH3 storage/consumption, unburned HC reaction, etc.
- Optimization of catalyst support geometry
- Prediction of emission device performance under various modes including cycle simulation, integrated to controllers and engine simulation, etc.
Expertise in Exhaust Agtertreatment Devices:
- Lean NOx Trap (LNT)
- Three-Way Catalyst (TWC)
- Four-Way Catalyst (FWC)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- Diesel Particular Filter (DPF)
- Non-Thermal Plasma DPF
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC)
- On-Board Reformer
RES has delivered over 100 successful solutions to customers around the world. Over 90% of RES' customers are repeat customers with expanding relationship.