Methanol, DME & GTL from Natural Gas
DME, Methanol, and GTL plant design for large & small-scale application both on and off-shore. Designs are able to handle a wide variety of natural gas compositions.
Topside Engineering for Off-Shore & FPSO
Innovative process design for challenging FPSO applications including production of fuels & chemicals from off-shore gas fields.
Polymer Reactor & Properties Design
Breakthrough improvements in product quality by integrating first principle polymer chemistry with reaction engineering analysis.
Heavy Oil Upgrading
Extensive experience of key process technologies in heavy oil upgrading process development, including feasibility studies, technology selection, process development, and engineering.
Sale & Cost-Effective Offshore Piping Design
Short-term operation planning in the form of operational safety studies, such as predicting the behavior of topside processes under a variety of scenarios.
Economic & Technology Feasibilty Studies
Independent evaluations of economic, market, and technical feasibility, as well as expert advice on reducing scale-up risk and project implementation plans.
The extensive process experience enables RES to quickly analyze problems and assess the feasibility of a solution.
- Delayed coking process
- Heavy oil process
- Slurry reactor design
- Solvent deasphalting process
New Energy & Power Systems
- Biomass gasification
- Cellulosic biomass fermentation
- Coal gasification
- Dimethyl Ether (DME) plant
- GTL plant
- Reformers, autothermal & steam
- Li-Ion Battery
- Acrylic acid
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
- Carbon black
- Ethylene furnace
- Ethylene dichloride furnace
- Methanol plant
- Nitric acid
- Propylene oxide
- Vinyl chloride (VCM)
- Ion Exchange Resin
- Polyolefins - LDPE, LLDPE, PP, ICP
- Suspension & Emulsion PVC
- Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate, Alcohol
- Polystyrene - GPPS, SAN
- Engineering Plastics - PET, PBT, PC
- Super Absorbent Polymer
RES provides a complete range of research and engineering services. See project highlights for detailed description.
Project Feasibility Study & Management
- Technology comparison and assessment
- Project implementation
- Feedstock procurement
- Product market size and price
- Risks and mitigation
Operations Support and Training
- Training program for process engineers
- Start-up/Shut-down procedure and verification
- Operator training simulator
Control & Safety
- Process control design & verification
- Emergency shut-down procedure verification
- Process development
- Process design
- Process feasibility study
- Process cost estimation
- Process scale-up
- Process optimization
- Reaction mechanism analysis
- Reaction mechanism development
- Reactor troubleshooting
- Reactor development
- Reactor scale-up
- Reactor design
- Catalyst development
- Catalyst optimization
RES has delivered over 100 successful solutions to customers around the world. Over 90% of RES' customers are repeat customers with expanding relationship.